Thursday, March 22, 2007

CBC Interview Complete, should air Monday??

As luck should have it, Dad arrived for a visit last nite, so they were able to get both of us on the line for a telephone interview...

In hindsight, I should have asked them to call last night, (instead of this am) after I had a few rum's into dad... as he's not often too chatty about some of the lesser known details about the Ducats, but it was ok...

What many don't know is that in the USA, their agent changed the name of the band to the Orange Marmelade Referendum... Theres more to that story, but I can't tip all my hand, or there'd be no reason to watch the show once its all done.. ha ha..

Anyway.. Thank you CBC for shining some light on my project. I hope you call back to talk again.. And if you or any other network, or indpendant producer our there is interested in jumping on board.. By all means.. ask me.. Im just a little guy with a home studio and an idea.. But I firmly believe that many hands make light work, and it'd be great to have a partner(s) and/or sponsors on this project.. I'm working on getting some factor money and/or other funding, but with a day job and a family its hard to find the time.. so it could take a while..

In the "dream" I'd have enough funding to jump into this full time and take the show on the road, as they say... I think it'd come together quickly and would be a lot of fun.. I also believe I'd rather have a share of something then ALL of nothing, so I'm open to partners and/or some other arrangement like that..

For now I have about 5 hours of interviews, 20 hours of misc footage, countless pics, and documents, and more and more getting done all the time.

In addition to some of the great bands I'll be profilling, some of the personally collected footage I've accumulated of Better known names I'll be able to tie into the project include Ron Hynes, Bruce Dixon, Derek Sivers, Bob Ezrin and soon to come, Sam Moon, and hopefully Matt Minglewood.

Given the increased exposure youtube and CBC has provided, maybe I should pay closer attention to Gramer and Spelling... ...well... we'll see... But in the meantime.. its sure been a lot of fun..

As I was talking to CBC on the phone, I was watching myself on ATV Breakfast Television.. You'd think I did this full time eh?? anyway.. interesting story.. the Sound Tech in the ATV Studio is a bass player, played in some cool bands, and knows the guys from the Black Cats... out of North Sydney.. another great band to profile... it never ceases to amaze me how much talent is out there.. this has been a LOT of fun so far, and I think Im just scratching the tip of the ice berg...

More to come..

be sure to read the whole pitch below... and click on some of the links...

Feel free to email me with questions and comments..
bongwatermusic@eastlink.ca

and keep an eye out for my Web site, I hope to have running soon...
www.bongwatermusicproductions.com and www.thestoryofgoodoldrockandroll.com

theres nothing there yet, but will be soon.... I hope at least, so if anyone want to help me build/park it, let me know

No comments: